As a small business owner, it is important to track your company’s SEO progress to ensure that you are getting the most out of your online presence. There are a number of different aspects of SEO that you should monitor, and by tracking your progress over time, you can make sure that your efforts are paying off.
One of the most important things that you should track is your website’s search engine rankings. You should track your rankings for both keyword phrases and competitor websites. This will give you an idea of how well your site is doing in the search engines and where it stands in relation to your competitors.
Another aspect of SEO that you should track is the amount of traffic that your site receives. This will help you determine whether or not your site is getting the traffic that it deserves. Traffic is important for any website, but especially for a small business website. If your site isn’t receiving enough traffic, then it is likely that your customers will not be able to find it and will not be able to purchase your products or services in small business local SEO
You should also track the number of backlinks that are pointing to your site. Backlinks are one of the most important aspects of SEO and can greatly improve your site’s search engine rankings. By tracking the number of backlinks that are pointing to your site, you can determine whether or not your site is being linked to by other websites.
There are a number of benefits to monitoring your SEO progress, including:
- Ensuring that your efforts are paying off: By tracking your SEO progress, you can ensure that your efforts are actually making a difference. This is especially important if you are paying for an SEO service, as you want to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth.
- Identifying new opportunities: As you monitor your SEO progress, you may notice new opportunities for improvement. For example, if you see a sudden spike in traffic from a particular keyword, you may want to consider targeting that keyword more aggressively.
There are also a few challenges to consider when monitoring your SEO progress, including:
- Keeping up with the latest changes: The world of SEO is constantly changing, and it can be difficult to keep up with the latest trends. However, it is important to stay up-to-date so that you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Interpreting the data: There is a lot of data that you need to track when monitoring your SEO progress. This data can be difficult to interpret, and you may need to invest in some tools or services to help you make sense of it all.
- Making changes: Once you identify a problem or opportunity, you need to be prepared to make changes to your website or SEO strategy. This can be difficult, especially if you are not familiar with SEO.
Monitoring your SEO progress is an important part of running a successful small business. By tracking your progress, you can ensure that your efforts are paying off, detect problems early, and identify new opportunities.